The course is designed for people wishing to apply for employment within a role of workers with responsibility for designing, implementing and evaluating health and leisure activities, and programs for clients in one or more sector areas. Work may be in residential facilities and/or in community agencies and day centres. Workers work under supervision or as sole practitioners and may be required to plan, coordinate and evaluate other workers and work teams within broad but generally well-defined guidelines.
The course is offered to eligible students under the South Australian Government’s WorkReady funding initiative. Eligibility can be checked by going to: https://www.skills.sa.gov.au/subsidised-eligibility
The course fee is $500 (subject to eligibility). Blending learning option available. Online and distance with an educator available one day per week for face-to-face time.
All students are required to demonstrate effective language and literacy skills at course enrolment according to the Government’s Upfront Assessment of Need testing.
Units of Competency:
- CHCCOM002 Use communication to build relationships
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCLAH001 Work effectively in leisure and health industries
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLAH002 Contribute to leisure and health programming
- CHCLAH003 Participate in the planning, implementation and monitoring of individual leisure and health programming
- CHCLAH004 Participate in planning leisure and health programs for clients with complex needs
- CHCLAH005 Incorporate lifespan development and sociological concepts into leisure and health programming
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- HLTAAP002 Confirm physical health status
- CHCCCS025 Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCCCS020 Respond effectively to behaviours of concern
- CHCMHS001 Work with people with mental health issues
- CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCDE002 Develop and implement community programs
- CHCCCS023 Support Independence and wellbeing
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
Run as Required or by Blended Studies/E-Learning