- This event has passed.
CHC43115 – Certificate IV in Disability
December 4, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
About the Course
The Certificate IV in Disability reflects the role of workers in a range of community settings and clients’ homes, who provide training and support in a manner that empowers people with disabilities to achieve greater levels of independence, self-reliance, community participation and wellbeing. Workers promote a person-centred approach, work without direct supervision and may be required to supervise and/or coordinate a small team.
Workers will take responsibility for their outputs within defined organisation guidelines and maintain quality service delivery through the development, facilitation and review of individualised service planning and delivery.
Reasons for Studying?
- Entry level community service course
- According to the Australian Government’s Job Outlook service, the number of people working in community and welfare support is expected to grow strongly over the next five years. This is a large occupation with strong job prospects with around 30,000 job openings anticipated over the next five years.
- Blended delivery course which mean you can work whilst timing the occasional day to attend the workshops.
The overall expected duration of this course is 28 weeks plus 120 hours of work-placement completed, this course is delivered with a blended model which means students will primarily be studying online however throughout the course their will be occasional workshops that must be attended to complete. The workshop dates depend on the state you are studying in.
- Completion of grade 12 or 10 or equivalent
- Completion of previous courses unrelated to the training product
- Completion of related courses such as;
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability)
- Certificate III in Individual Support (General or another specialisation)
- Demonstrate a satisfactory level of Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) abilities.
Did you start working in the industry without getting nationally accredited with this qualification? Potentially RPL is the way to go.
|CHCCCS015||Provide individualised support|
|CHCDIS002||Follow established person-centred behaviour supports|
|CHCDIS005||Develop and provide person-centred service responses|
|CHCDIS007||Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability|
|CHCDIS008||Facilitate community participation and social inclusion|
|CHCDIS009||Facilitate ongoing skills development using a person-centred approach|
|CHCDIS010||Provide person-centred services to people with disability with complex needs|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCLEG003||Manage legal and ethical compliance|
|HLTAAP001||Recognise healthy body systems|
|HLTWHS002||Follow safe work practices for direct client care|
|CHCCCS025||Support relationships with carers and families|
|CHCPAL001||Deliver care services using a palliative approach|
|CHCCCS019||Recognise and respond to crisis situations|
Fees and Funding,
Please see below for our fee for service and funded pricing for our Certificate III in Individual Support.
Fee for Service (FFS): $3,950
- $500 (Non-concessional)
- $375 (Concessional)
Higher Level Skills Program
- $99 (Non-concessional)
- $49 (Concessional)
With all of Celtic Training’s courses, we can offer payment plans so you can start studying immediately to achieve your goals faster! For more information about funding or our pricing structure please click here
Upcoming Start Dates
- Friday, 15th of January 2021
- Wednesday, 27th of January 2021