Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance
HLT43015 Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance
About the Course
Our HLT43015 Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance course is specially designed for students who wish to gain employment in the Support Services industry, assisting allied health professionals including doctors, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, dieticians, speech therapists and podiatrists.
After students have successfully completed the HLT43015 qualification, they will have gained the skills and knowledge to:
- Provide and conduct therapeutic and program-related support to allied health professionals,
- Identify client circumstances that need additional input from the allied health professional, and
- Supervise other allied health assistance workers.
Reasons for Studying
- The Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance course is essential for those wanting to work as an allied health assistant. With this course, you could be working in specialised clinics, facilities, and hospitals in various support roles.
- Your Cert IV Allied Health will open up fantastic pathways and is ideal for people wanting to switch careers into a new and exciting industry.
- Guaranteed placement for students who are considered eligible.
The Certificate 4 in Allied Health Assistance course runs over a span of 6-8 months with 120 hours of work placement for industry experience. This course can be undertaken on campus at a minimum of one day a week or can be done through our Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance online option with weekly live-streamed workshops and several on-campus classes.
8/16 of the HLT43015 units are completed on campus:
- CHCCOM005 – Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- HLTAPP001 – Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 – Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCAGE001 – Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE005 – Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCDIS007 – Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
- HLTAID003 – Provide first aid
Students undertaking the Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance are able to engage with theory and practical workshops depending on their availability and schedules. Although students are not required to attend every weekday, it is encouraged that students engage more often than not as this will shorten the courses duration. The trainer will advise all students on the ideal HLT43015 class dates to join.
Note: If students have completed the Certificate III in Individual Support, the course will primarily be delivered online through the interactive ZOOM workshops.
A student’s pathway may include but not necessarily include:
- Completion of related courses such as Certificate III in Individual Support.
- Currently working in the industry.
- Is a caregiver for a relative.
- Completed Grade 12.
Did you start working in the industry without getting nationally accredited with the HLT43015 qualification? RPL is potentially the way to go.
Potential Career Pathways
Successful completion of our Certificate 4 in Allied Health Assistance will enable students to work professionally in the roles and fields of:
- Physiotherapy Assistant
- Therapy Assistant
- Allied Health Assistant
- Community Rehabilitation Assistant
The Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance course also offers pathways into higher level qualifications so that on completion of this course, students can further their education. This includes:
- Diploma of Practice Management
- Diploma of Nursing
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
Ready to Study the Certificate IV in Allied Health
Are you ready to start your career in allied health assistance? Our team of health care training professionals aim to prep students with quality industry experience and skills so that you can transfer your newfound knowledge into the workforce upon successful completion of your Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance studies.
If you’re wanting to learn more about our or Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance online and on-campus course, you can contact us online, call us on (07) 5530 0910 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to assist. If the HLT43015 course isn’t exactly what you’re looking for, browse our other leisure and Health courses for more!
|CHCCOM005||Communicate and work in health or community services|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCLEG003||Manage legal and ethical compliance|
|HLTAPP001||Recognise healthy body systems|
|HLTAAP002||Confirm physical health status|
|HLTWHS002||Follow safe work practices for direct client care|
|BSBMED301||Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately|
|CHCAGE001||Facilitate the empowerment of older people|
|CHCAGE005||Provide support to people living with dementia|
|CHCCOM002||Use communication to build relationships|
|CHCDIS007||Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability|
|CHCMHS001||Work with people with mental health issues|
|CHCCCS023||Support independence and wellbeing|
|HLTAID003||Provide first aid|
|HLTAHA001||Assist with an allied health program|
|HLTAHA024||Work within a community rehabilitation environment|
Fees and Funding,
Please see below for our fee for service and funded pricing for our Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance.
Fee for Service (FFS): $3,950
With all of Celtic Training’s courses, we can offer payment plans so you can start studying immediately to achieve your goals faster! For more information about funding or our pricing structure please click here.
Upcoming Start Dates
- Certificate IV in Disability
- Certificate IV in Ageing Support
- Diploma of Nursing
- Advanced Diploma of Nursing