Provide First Aid (including CPR)
About the HLTAID011 Provide First Aid course
The HLTAID011 Provide First Aid course allows students to learn and develop the foundational skills and knowledge to be able to provide proper first aid responses and life support as well as manage casualties and accident sites until qualified emergency services arrive.
Most industries require their staff to hold a first aid certificate, including building and construction, early childhood education, school age education, warehousing, etc. This nationally recognised qualification is the mandatory requirement for the majority of the healthcare industries and most health care employers require a refresher first aid course every 12 months.
Reasons for Studying HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
This first aid training course is suitable for students who have already gained first aid experience, and for those who are new to first aid and comfortable learning in a blended delivery setting.
- It is required to work in a majority of healthcare industries
- It is a sought after qualification by all reputable health care employers.
- Taught by fully qualified educators with years of practical health care experience
- You will learn the techniques to provide necessary care to injured workmates, friends, and family members
- Gives you the knowledge and skills to work within industries outside of healthcare, such as building and construction, animal care, warehousing etc.
This first aid training program will take place over the span of two days, where students can study from home before being on campus. Day one will require students to undertake online pre-reading, and day two will be on campus. Students should arrive before 9am, and will remain on campus until 3:30pm, where they will attend lectures and practice live-saving techniques, including CPR.
Students who wish to receive their first aid certificate through Celtic Training will learn the following:
- How to perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on an infant (mannequin)
- How to perform at least 2 minutes of CPR on compressions and ventilations on an adult (mannequin)
- How to apply first aid procedures to people suffering allergic reactions and anaphylaxis
- Bleeding control, choking and airway obstruction
- Pressure immobilisation
- How to deal with fractures, sprains, and strains, using arm slings, roller bandages and other appropriate techniques
- Respiratory stress, asthma, and shock
- Visual and verbal assessment of a casualty
- Safe manual handling techniques and so much more.
Students who wish to undertake first aid training courses with Celtic Training must have completed grade 12, or the equivalent of grade 10.
Ready to Get Your First Aid Certificate?
You can learn more about our first aid training courses by filling out an enquiry form, by calling us on 1800 123 584 or emailing email@example.com for more. If the HLTAID011 Provide First Aid course isn’t quite what you’re looking for, you can browse some of our other healthcare courses now!