This qualification is designed for people wishing to upskill their existing skills and knowledge with clients who may be experiencing mental health difficulties.
The course is offered to eligible students under the South Australian Government’s WorkReady funding initiative. Eligibility can be checked by going to: https://www.skills.sa.gov.au/subsidised-eligibility
The course fee is $500 (subject to eligibility) and is conducted through assisted online training.
This is an online self-directed course comprising of 15 modules. Each module is uploaded on the completion of the previous module. Each module is expected to take 2 to 3 weeks to complete and is accompanied by a 3rd party evidence sheet. The expected time may vary, and some modules may require more or less time.
This course is expected to be completed in 6 to 12 months, although this can be shorter. It is important that you work within the caring industry, although this does not need to be within mental health.
There are several components to this course, including online modules, face to face support and training, email/phone support, and 3rd party evidence collection.
All students are required to demonstrate effective language and literacy skills at course enrolment according to the Government’s Upfront Assessment of Need testing.
Units of Competency:
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- CHCDIV002 – Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCLEG001 – Work legally and ethically
- CHCMHS002 – Establish self-directed recovery relationships
- CHCMHS003 – Provide recovery oriented mental health services
- CHCMHS004 – Work collaboratively with the care network and other services
- CHCMHS005 – Provide services to people with co-existing mental health and alcohol and other drugs issues
- CHCMHS007 – Work effectively in trauma informed care
- CHCMHS008 – Promote and facilitate self-advocacy
- CHCMHS011 – Assess and promote social, emotional and physical wellbeing
- HLTWHS001 – Participate in work health and safety
- CHCCCS009 – Facilitate responsible behaviour
- CHCCCS019 – Recognise and respond to crisis situations
- HLTAAP001 – Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTHPS006 – Assist clients with medication (Note pre-requisite HLTAAP001)