This course supplies the skills for those people working in the role of a coordinator of services in the field of Disability. The course focuses more on skills required as a Manager than the basic care skills, which should is covered in the CHC33015 Certificate III Individual Support (Disability).
What you will be studying,
- CHCCCS015 – Provide individualised support
- CHCDIS002 – Follow established person-centered behaviour supports
- CHCDIS005 – Develop and provide person-centered service responses
- CHCDIS007 – Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
- CHCDIS008 – Facilitate community participation and social inclusion
- CHCDIS009 – Facilitate ongoing skills development using a person-centered approach
- CHCDIS010 – Provide person-centered services to people with disability with complex needs
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 – Manage legal and ethical compliance
- HLTAAP001 – Recognise health body systems
- HLTWHS002 – Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCCCS023 – Support impendence and well being
- HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid
- CHCCCS011 – Meet personal support needs
The course is offered to eligible students under the South Australian Government’s WorkReady funding initiative. Eligibility can be checked by going to: https://www.skills.sa.gov.au/subsidised-eligibility
The course fee is $500 (subject to eligibility) and is conducted through assisted online training.
All students are required to demonstrate effective language and literacy skills at course enrolment according to the Government’s Upfront Assessment of Need testing.
Run as needed available through Distance Education/E-Learning