This qualification reflects the role of workers in the community and/or residential setting who follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred support to people who may require support due to ageing, disability or some other reason. Work involves using discretion and judgement in relation to individual support as well as taking responsibility for own outputs. Workers have a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge, as well as some theoretical knowledge of the concepts and practices required to provide person-centred support.
Next course commences on:
- New Class starting every second Monday.
- Monday 2nd September – Enrolling now
- Monday 21th Oct – Enrolling now
- Course Cost
- SA – $250 (subject to eligibility for Government’s WorkReady in South Australia), $2250 if not funded
- QLD – $150(subject to eligibility for Government’s Cert III Guarantee in Queensland), $2300 if not funded
- 6-weeks full time training plus 120 hours (4 weeks) Industry placement
- 8:45am – 3.30pm
- Monday to Friday
Prior to vocational placement, all students will need:
- a current national police clearance
- senior first aid certificate (available through Celtic Training for $50 – SA only)
- a uniform shirt (available through Celtic Training for $50)
SA students please contact Celtic Training on 08 8211 8272 to RSVP for an Information Session (SA only)
- Information Sessions held every Tuesday, at 10am, Level 1, 211 Pulteney Street, Adelaide SA 5000
You can check your eligibility by visiting:
All students are required to demonstrate language, literacy and numeracy skills at enrolment according to the Government’s compulsory Upfront Assessment of Need testing.
Courses are run regularly