This course is offered to people wishing to apply for employment within the role of support workers who complete specialised tasks and functions in aged care services; either in residential, home or community-based environments. Workers may be required to demonstrate leadership and have limited responsibility for the organisation and the quality and quality of outputs of others within limited parameters.
What you will be studying,
- CHCCOM005 – Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCCCS015 – Provide individualised support
- CHCCCS016 – Respond to client needs
- HLTWHS006 – Manage personal stressors in the work environment
- CHCCCS005 – Conduct individual assessments
- CHCCCS009 – Facilitate responsible behaviour
- CHCCCS019 – Recognise and respond to crisis situations
- CHCCDE003 – Work within a community development framework
- CHCCCDE004 – Implement participation and engagement strategies
- HLTWHS002 – Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCCDE004 – Implement participation and engagement strategies
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
The course is offered to eligible students under the Queensland Government’s Higher Level Skills funding initiative. Eligibility can be checked by going to: https://desbt.qld.gov.au/training/providers/funded/higher-level-skills
The course fee is $99 (subject to eligibility) and is conducted through in campus training.
All students are required to demonstrate effective language and literacy skills at course enrolment according to the Government’s Upfront Assessment of Need testing.