Diploma of Community Services
CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services
About the Course
This course is designed for people wishing to apply for employment within a role of community services, case management and social housing workers involved in the managing, coordinating and/or delivering of person-centred services to individuals, groups and communities.
At this level, workers have specialised skills in community services and work autonomously under broad directions from senior management. Workers are usually providing direct support to individuals or groups of individuals. Workers may also have responsibility for the supervision of other workers and volunteers and/or case management; program coordination or the development of new business opportunities.
Reasons for Studying?
- Gives broad career prospects – prepares you for managerial positions
- Good course to do if pursuing social work at University afterwards
- Students wanting to do case management or become a team leader/youth work can do this course
- More career opportunities in this course than Cert 4 Mental Health – many leads find it hard to choose between the two.
This course is expected to take students roughly 8 months to complete, plus 120 hours of work placement. Resources are accessed online, and students may be called to have simulated work activities on campus.
Student’s pathway may include but not necessarily include;
- Completion of grade 12 or 10 or equivalent
- Completion of previous courses unrelated to the training product
- Completion of related courses such as;
- Certificate III in Individual Support
- Certificate IV in Leisure and Health
- Demonstrate a satisfactory level of Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) abilities.
Did you start working in the industry without getting nationally accredited with this qualification? Potentially RPL is the way to go.
|CHCCCS007||Develop and implement service programs|
|CHCCOM003||Develop workplace communication strategies|
|CHCDEV002||Analyse impacts of sociological factors on clients in community work and services|
|CHCDIV003||Manage and promote diversity|
|CHCLEG003||Manage legal and ethical compliance|
|CHCMGT005||Facilitate workplace debriefing and support processes|
|CHCPRP003||Reflect on and improve own professional practice|
|HLTWHS004||Manage work health and safety|
|CHCCCS004||Assess co-existing needs|
|CHCCCS009||Facilitate responsible behaviour|
|CHCCCS019||Recognise and respond to crisis situations|
|CHCCSM004||Coordinate complex case requirements|
|CHCCSM005||Develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management|
|CHCCSM006||Provide case management supervision|
|CHCDIS005||Develop and provide person-centred service responses|
|CHCDIS006||Develop and promote positive person-centred behaviour supports|
Fees and Funding,
Please see below for our fee for service and funded pricing for our Diploma of Community Services.
Fee for Service (FFS): $6,500
- $1000 (Non-concessional)
- $500 (Concessional)
Higher Level Skills Program
- $200 (Non-concessional)
- $100 (Concessional)
With all of Celtic Training’s courses, we can offer payment plans so you can start studying immediately to achieve your goals faster! For more information about funding or our pricing structure please click here.
Upcoming Start Dates
- SA – Friday, 23rd of April 2021
- QLD – Friday, 23rd of April 2021
- SA – Friday, 21st of May 2021
- QLD – Friday, 28th of May 2021
- Diploma of Community Services
- Diploma of Youth Work
- Diploma of Business
- Diploma of Leadership and Management.