This course is designed for people wishing to apply for employment within a roles of community services, case management and social housing workers involved in the managing, co-ordinating and/or delivering of person-centred services to individuals, groups and communities. At this level, workers have specialised skills in community services and work autonomously under broad directions from senior management. Workers are usually providing direct support to individuals or groups of individuals. Workers may also have responsibility for the supervision of other workers and volunteers and/or case management; program coordination or the development of new business opportunities.
The course is offered to eligible students under the South Australian Government’s WorkReady funding initiative. Eligibility can be checked by going to:
Please note, there is a $1,000 student fee payable prior to commencement.
All students are required to demonstrate effective language and literacy skills at course enrolment according to the Government’s Upfront Assessment of Need testing.
Blending learning option available. Online and distance with an educator available every Thursday for face to face time.
Please contact Sue or Joanne for more details on 08 8211 8272.
- CHCCCS007 – Develop and implement service programs
- CHCDIV003 – Manage and promote diversity
- CHCCOM003 – Develop workplace communication strategies
- CHCDEV002 – Analyse impacts of sociological factors on clients in community work and services
- CHCLEG003 – Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCMGT005 – Facilitate workplace debriefing and support processes
- CHCDIS006 – Develop and promote positive person-centered behaviour supports
- CHCDIS005 – Develop and provide person-centered service responses
- CHCCCS019 – Recognise and respond to crisis situations
- CHCCCS009 – Facilitate responsible behaviour
- CHCCSM006 – Provide case management supervision
- CHCCSM005 – Develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management
- CHCCSM004 – Coordinate complex case requirements
- CHCCCS004 – Assess co-existing needs
- HLTWHS004 – Manage work health and safety
- CHCPRP003 – Reflect on and improve own professional practice
Course Run as required or via Blended Model/E-Learning