The course is designed for people wishing to apply for employment within a role of workers with responsibility for designing, implementing and evaluating health and leisure activities, and programs for clients in one or more sector areas. Work may be in residential facilities and/or in community agencies and day centres. Workers work under supervision or as sole practitioners and may be required to plan, coordinate and evaluate other workers and work teams within broad but generally well-defined guidelines.
*** New course beginning on Monday 8th May***
The course is offered to eligible students under the South Australian Government’s WorkReady funding initiative. Eligibility can be checked by going to:
Please note, there is a $500 student fee payable prior to commencement.
All students are required to demonstrate effective language and literacy skills at course enrolment according to the Government’s Upfront Assessment of Need testing.
Blending learning option available. Online and distance with an educator available every Thursday for face to face time.
Please contact Sue or Joanne for more details on 08 8211 8272.
- CHCCOM002 – Use communication to build relationships
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- CHCLAH001 – Work effectively in the leisure and health industries
- CHCLAH002 – Contribute to leisure and health programming
- CHCLAH003 – Participate in the planning, implementation and monitoring of individual leisure and health programs
- CHCLAH004 – Participate in planning leisure and health programs for clients with complex needs
- CHCLAH005 – Incorporate lifespan development and sociological concepts into leisure and health programming
- SISCCRO304A – Plan and conduct disability recreation programs
- BSBLDR403 – Lead team effectiveness
- CHCVOL003 – Recruit, induct and support volunteers
- CHCMHS001 – Work with people with mental health issues
- CHCPRP003 – Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- HLTAAP002 – Confirm physical health status
- CHCCCS025 – Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCCCS020 – Respond effectively to behaviours of concern
- CHCAGE005 – Provide support to people living with dementia
- HLTWHS002 – Follow safe work practices for direct client care
Run as Required or by Blended Studies/E-Learning