This qualification is designed for people wishing to upskill their existing skills and knowledge with clients who may be experiencing mental health difficulties.
The course is offered to eligible students under the South Australian Government’s WorkReady funding initiative. Eligibility can be checked by going to:
Please note, there is a $500 student fee payable prior to commencement.
All students are required to demonstrate effective language and literacy skills at course enrolment according to the Government’s Upfront Assessment of Need testing.
Blending learning option available. Online and distance with an educator available every Thursday for face to face time.
Please contact Sue or Joanne for more details on 08 8211 8272.
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- CHCDIV002 – Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCLEG001 – Work legally and ethically
- CHCMHS002 – Establish self-directed recovery relationships
- CHCMHS003 – Provide recovery oriented mental health services
- CHCMHS004 – Work collaboratively with the care network and other services
- CHCMHS005 – Provide services to people with co-existing mental health and alcohol and other drugs issues
- CHCMHS007 – Work effectively in trauma informed care
- CHCMHS008 – Promote and facilitate self-advocacy
- CHCMHS011 – Assess and promote social, emotional and physical wellbeing
- HLTWHS001 – Participate in work health and safety
- CHCCCS009 – Facilitate responsible behaviour
- CHCCCS019 – Recognise and respond to crisis situations
- HLTAAP001 – Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTHPS006 – Assist clients with medication (Note pre-requisite HLTAAP001)