This course supplies the skills for those people working in the role of a co-ordinator of services in the field of Disability. The course focuses more on skills required as a manager than the basic care skills which should have been covered at Certificate 3 level.
The course is offered to eligible students under the South Australian Government’s WorkReady funding initiative. Eligibility can be checked by going to:
Please note, there is a $500 student fee payable prior to commencement.
All students are required to demonstrate effective language and literacy skills at course enrolment according to the Government’s Upfront Assessment of Need testing.
Blending learning option available. Online and distance with an educator available every Thursday for face to face time.
Please contact Sue or Joanne for more details on 08 8211 8272.
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- CHCCCS015 – Provide individualised support
- CHCLEG003 – Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCDIS002 – Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
- CHCDIS005 – Develop and provide person-centred service responses
- CHCDIS007 – Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
- CHCDIS008 – Facilitate community participation and social inclusion
- CHCMHS001 – Work with people with mental health issues
- CHCDIS009 – Facilitate ongoing skills development using a person-centred approach
- CHCDIS010 – Provide person-centred services to people with disability with complex needs
- HLTWHS002 – Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCCCS009 – Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCCCS019 – Recognise and respond to crisis situations
- HLTAAP001 – Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTHPS006 – Assist clients with medication (Note pre-requisite HLTAAP001)
Run as needed available through Distance Education/E-Learning