This course is designed for people wishing to apply for employment within the role of community service workers who design and deliver person-centred services to individuals and/or groups. Workers may provide support, advocacy or interventions to individual clients, groups or communities across a range of services. At this level, workers may be autonomous with limited responsibility within established parameters and may be required to supervise and lead other workers in projects or teams. Work may take place in a range of community service, case work or case management contexts.
Class beginning on Monday 11th September. One day per week for 6 months.
The course is offered to eligible students under the South Australian Government’s WorkReady funding initiative. Eligibility can be checked by going to:
Please note, there is a $500 student fee payable prior to commencement.
All students are required to demonstrate effective language and literacy skills at course enrolment according to the Government’s Upfront Assessment of Need testing.
Blending learning option available. Online and distance with an educator available every Thursday for face to face time.
Please contact Sue or Joanne for more details on 08 8211 8272.
- CHCADV001 – Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
- CHCCCS004 – Assess co-existing needs
- CHCCOM002 – Use communication to build relationships
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 – Work legally and ethically
- CHCPRP001 – Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- HLTWHS003 – Maintain work health and safety
- CHCCCS001 – Address the needs of people with chronic disease
- CHCCCS003 – Increase the safety of individuals at risk of suicide
- CHCCCS006 – Facilitate individual service planning and delivery
- CHCCCS009 – Facilitate responsible behaviour
- CHCCCS008 – Develop strategies to address unmet needs
- CHCCCS019 – Recognise and respond to crisis situations
- CHCCCS020 – Respond effectively to behaviours of concern
- HLTAID003 – Provide first aid