– This course is designed for people wishing to apply for employment within a role of entry level community services workers who support individuals through the provision of person-centred services. Work may include day-to-day support of individuals in community settings or support the implementation of specific community-based programs. At this level, work takes place under the direction of others and supervision may be direct or indirect. Work may take place in a range of community services organisations.
The course is offered to eligible students under the South Australian Government’s WorkReady funding initiative. Eligibility can be checked by going to:
Please note, there is a $500 student fee payable prior to commencement.
All students are required to demonstrate effective language and literacy skills at course enrolment according to the Government’s Upfront Assessment of Need testing.
Blending learning option available. Online and distance with an educator available every Thursday for face to face time.
Please contact Sue or Joanne for more details on 08 8211 8272.
- CHCCCS016 – Respond to client needs
- CHCCOM005 – Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- HLTWHS002 – Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- HLTWHS006 – Manage personal stressors in the work environment
- CHCCCS005 – Conduct individual assessments
- CHCCCS009 – Facilitate responsible behaviour
- CHCCCS015 – Provide individualised support
- CHCCDE003 – Work within a community development framework
- CHCCDE004 – Implement participation and engagement strategies
- CHCCOM001 – Provide first point of contact
- CHCCCS019 – Recognise and respond to crisis situations